We are seeking a friendly sociable, well structured and organised individual who is keen, ambitious and enjoys working with people and gives a good face to the company. Having an interest in cars and motorsport is beneficial.
The Applicant will be employed as a full time position and will be based at reception in our rapidly growing Driving experience centre in Hemel Hempstead. Our centre is located on our track facilites at Bovingdon Airfield and will be expected to attend all of our operational track day events. On occasion the candidate will be expected to attend our sister company Drift Limits Performance situated in a scenic area in close proximity to our track. The candidate is expected to work 5 days a week and can vary from Mon – Sat.
8am -5pm on non operational event days and 8am – circa 6.15pm or dusk whichever is earlier on operational event days.
17k per year starting salary
The tasks will be varied and the successful candidate will need to be flexible and willing to learn a variety of skills to help run the trackdays. This will include tasks such as signing guests in, organising guests in and out of cars, managing the till and phone enquiries. The applicant will be responsible for ordering parts and booking customer cars in for services and repair in a structured fashion. On occasion they may need to work under a high pressure environment and deal with a high influx of emails and phone calls with a fast turnaround. They must be computer literate with a grounded understanding of word and excel spreadsheets, but most importantly be approachable, enthusiastic and sociable towards our guests and peers. An understanding or passion of cars, parts and mechanics is beneficial but again not crucial as this will come naturally with experience.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to deliver an exciting and exceptional experience for Driftlimits Performance customers each and every day. Within our motorsport academy this role will provide a unique and exciting fun career. Your ability to think outside the box to repair vehicles and develop innovative ideas to build exciting track modifications will be key. Having fun, collaborating with teammates and building high performance machines is the daily routine!
Technicians must have a wealth of experience working within the automotive industry and have been previously certified to ‘Master’ level from prior employer or have an equivalent level of experience without the certified paperwork. This technician will successfully complete various types of servicing including custom builds/fabrication or tuning on all types of vehicles but with an emphasis on performance cars or supercars ensuring the highest standard of quality. The applicant will be given the responsibility to lead and provide solutions to highly complex and technically sophisticated situations that arise given the diverse build projects that we are tasked with.
Technicians must have demonstrated competency in solving complex technical issues in an efficient manner. A strong technical background in diagnosing complex mechanical and electrical faults is required. A Diagnostic/problem solving mindset is a must. Complete ownership of the task from customer drop-off to the vehicle return is required including occasional phone calls to explain the technical issues of the job if required. Driving Customer Satisfaction to the highest level within an extremely customer and work friendly atmosphere.
- Ability to liaise directly with customers at point of ‘Check in’ ensuring full transparency of customer expectations.
- Full responsibility for quality workmanship to the vehicles or tasks at hand. High levels of initiative and enthusiasm required.
- Ability to partner with various teams across the organisation of Drift Limits to share critical information gathered and share best practices to help improve our levels of maintenance and care of our fleet and overall customer experience.
- The ability to lead, guide and support fellow technicians to achieve highest quality work in the most efficient manner possible.
- Extensive specialist knowledge with supercars and modified performance / race cars.
- Ability to maintain a high technical skill level and full awareness of all the latest technology to help maintain customer cars and our own rapidly growing extensive fleet of supercars.
- Proven ability to work and communicate effectively with her/his team and peers across the organisation.
- Established ability to be self-directed and work independently, with strong organisation skills prioritising work and on occasional instances staying to complete the job when required.
- Exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills and hands-on experience with diagnostics, tools, instruments.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately diagnose both mechanical and electrical issues and solve them under pressure.
- Experience with complex automotive mechanical systems such as drivetrains on Nissan GTR and ability to rebuild engines / differentials to an impeccable standard aswell as the ability to fabricate and weld bespoke performance parts.
The workshop is based on an attractive farm in a secluded location and allows for plenty of space for car parking. In this exciting action packed working environment the applicant will find a great sense of team building companionship involving very interesting and fun build projects.
A full time position is available, contracted hours are 8 – 6.00 with an hour lunch break. The applicant has the option to work 5.5 or 6 days per week.
Range from £22k – 30k per annum depending on experience.
Please apply with a covering note and C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com